Direct Support Professional- Residential
Type of Job
April 6, 2022, 6:30:00 PM
About the job
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) in our Residential Program, you will support residents in their home with daily living activities to maximize their ability to be as independent as possible. In this role, you will work to implement individualized support plans, provide training, coaching and assistance to residents in all areas of their life. Types of support include (but are not limited to):
- Household Management: shopping, meal preparation, laundry, cleaning, budgeting, transportation to access community.
- Facilitation of Services: assist with plan development, implementation and review.
- Health and Wellness: health maintenance, prevention strategies, medication administration, conducting emergency drills, accompany and transport to medical appointments.
- Documentation: accurate and timely daily notes.
- Organizational Participation: participate in all required agency meetings and trainings.
- Advocacy- assist individuals in program with awareness of community activities and resources.
- Communication: maintain open and honest communication with immediate supervisor, co-workers and supported individuals/families.
- Professionalism: provide and promote a positive and friendly environment and refrain from negative behaviors and interactions; presenting self as a positive role model for those you support, as well as, those in the community.
*All transportation is done in company vehicles- all staff must have a valid driver's license to work as a DSP in our Residential Program.
At least 18 years of age
Current and valid driver’s license
Class E Driver's License Preferred/ or willingness to obtain (we will provide)
Minimum of high school diploma or GED
Available to work every other weekend
Previous experience working with developmental disabilities preferred
Must meet pre-employment prerequisites, including: pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Benefits and wage will be discussed during interview.
The primary mission of Warren County Handicapped Services, Inc. is to develop an array of community-based services for Warren County citizens who are developmentally disabled and their families and to ensure these services are provided in an effective, efficient and accountable manner.
Warrenton, MO 63383, USA