How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
Do you want to have fun while making a difference in the community helping others? Then consider volunteering with Warren County Handicapped Services, Inc. Volunteers play such an important role in our programs and there are many volunteer opportunities available to fit your interests.
Our recreation programs offer a wide range of activities for adults and youth with disabilities. Activities include art, athletic, social and educational opportunities.
Volunteers work directly with people with disabilities and alongside Warren County Handicapped Services, Inc. staff. Volunteers do not incur any costs for activities.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- assisting individuals with physical and mobility needs
- ensuring the safety, welfare and rights of program participants
- maintaining positive working relationships with public and private recreation providers
- maintaining positive relationships with participants, families, staff and volunteers
- facilitating communication and socialization skills
Site Locations, Days and Times: Vary according to the activity, but you can always check out our Upcoming Events page.
Do you prefer to work behind the scenes? Volunteers can be placed in areas other than recreation such as helping to organize and work special events.
Registration Process Includes:
- Completing a short application
- Background check
For additional information on volunteer opportunities or to register as a volunteer, call Jean Schall at (636) 456-7518.